Scroll down to read more about each topic.
I have organised learning into six topics, which link carefully to:
- the early years foundation stage curriculum for younger children
- the basics for speaking Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) for older children.
It takes two years to complete all six topics, and following this the same topics are taught again, but at a higher level with new vocabulary. You can learn a unit on its own or continue learning all of them. Here’s what is in each topic (these are taught at an age-appropriate level, so not all content is taught to the youngest children). Several children have completed all six topics with me and continued to learn for years.
My Body & Me (Le corps) Autumn term 2020
- Talking about myself
- Health & fitness
Let’s get going (On y va) Spring Term 2021
- The town
- The park
- Types of vehicle
- Emergency services
- The building site
Sun, sea and sand (Au bord de la mer) Summer term 2021
- The seaside
Family (La famille) Autumn term 2021
- Talking about our family.
Animals (Les animaux) Spring term 2022
- Pets, farm animals and wild animals.
The World (Le monde) Summer term 2022
- Jungles, forests, rivers, mountains & other environments.
- The seasons